- 12:00pm: Slightly more serious – but still racin’
- 12:02pm: Slightly less serious – might be racin’
- 12:03pm: Beginners, Fatbikes, MTB
How to register:
Look at your calendar for Sunday. See if you have anything going on. Map the race course from your house. Leave your house so you get here by 11:30 Sunday.
That’s it! You’re registered! No fees, no fuss, no dolla bills y’all.
Everyone is invited to the after party at Al Dente Cooking in Parker. We’ll have a giant pot of chili, appetizers, and a keg of Hall Brewing Saison. Al Dente is here: 11211 S Dransfeldt Rd, Parker, CO 80134, just a 3 miles from the race. Starting at 2:30 pm.
Schedule of Events: Sunday, November 24!
- 11:00am: Setup / Warmup
- 11:40am: Preview Lap
- 12:00pm: GO! Duration: 50 minutes
- 1:00pm: Lies, bragging, awards
- 2:30pm: After Party @ Al Dente
Many Bandidos volunteered tonight to get the flyover installed on the course.
PLEASE NO PRE-RIDING.
We know you’re excited and want to see it, so here’s a simulation of what the flyover will look like on race day. Please note tall bikes are prohibited, this is a re-enactment.
Listen up pilgrims! Bandido Cross #1 will be held at the Zombie Cross course, on Sunday, November 24, at High Noon. All you need to know right now is:
- This is a crap-ton of fun
- You can have a blast WITHOUT riding a bike, or even owning one
- One wave (because categories are official sounding)
- Cheating / shortcuts / sabatoge is expected
- FREE – if you actually pay on BikeReg, you a damn fool
- Cyclocross without being hassled by the man
Since this is Bandido Cross #1, you may be wondering where is Bandido Cross #2? Well, amigo, the very next week, Sunday, December 1.
It’s on! The annual Bandido Cyclocross race will be Sunday, December 23rd, 2012. High Noon start. Arrive at 11 to pre-ride.
NEW START LOCATION: Cottonwood Park West, in Parker, Colorado: Driving Directions
Usual Rules Apply:
- No tubulars.
- No skinsuits (unless you REALLY shouldn’t wear a skinsuit EVER)
- No heart rate monitors.
- Call ups based on weight.
- Cheating is encouraged.
- Beer hand ups are mandatory, tequilla hand ups are recommended.
- Bring a snorkel in case you fall in the creek.
So – it’s on! The official start to the Cyclocross season! Our annual backyard brawl, we don’t need no stinkin’ badges, no expo, no fees, ride cuz it’s fun event.
Real simple, pal:
- Bring any bike. We don’t care.
- Never raced cross before? Great. We especially love new riders.
- Leave the power meter and intensity at home. Cross is tough, but supposed to be fun.
- Entry fee: $0. But, bring some beer, something to grill, and any NEW bike stuff you want to trade.
- Time: We roll at NOON. 12PM. Be here at 11, pre-ride at 1130a.
- Prizes: Maybe – but we will randomly select a winner to wear the Bike Mex Champs jersey.
So Bandido Cross is a fun, no-experience necessary Cyclocross ride – not a race. We usually have a few guys who go all out, but the rest of us ride a lap, have a slug of beer and go on.
Liberal rule interpretation (i.e., cheating, shortcutting, adding barriers, tackling your friends) is HIGHLY encouraged.
If you associate with the caddies from Caddyshack, or with Pinto, Flounder and Bluto, this is your afternoon!