More details to follow, but mark your calendars. Sunday, November 9 at the Zombie Cross / Salisbury Equestrian Park in Parker.
It’s an open date on the race calendar – we already checked.
Cornhole barrier, ladder golf, marshmallow bombardment for the kids, beer.
Bring your bike friends, bring your beer friends.
Event Location: Salisbury (Zombie CX), Parker, Colorado
Cost: $0, zero, nothing. However, if you have a good time, and are so inclined, you can donate to Matt’s Bike MS fundraising page.
Schedule of Events – Sunday June 8
- 830 am – registration and bib number assignment
- 900 am – Road ride departs – Hess Road loop (no drop ride)
- 1030 am – estimated arrival back to Zombie Cross
- 4 laps around Zombie CX Course (MTBs most welcome!)
- Then, depart for Hidden Mesa for the MTB ride
- Cocktails at Takoda Tavern post MTB.
- Follow @BandidoCross for arrivals and departures
Weather and Safety Rules – No Bullshit
- ROAD: Ride smart and safe on the road. It is Sunday morning, be careful.
- CX at Zombie: If there are youth sports on the baseball field, the hairpin by the parking lot will be detoured, with a hard right on the gravel.
- MTB at Hidden Mesa - this spot is very popular with the horse crowd. YIELD (this means stop) for HORSES. Put a foot down and let them direct you to proceed.
- Don’t be a ‘bag.
Sadly, FarmersOnly withdrew their sponsorship of the event, but the US National Whitewater Center, in Charlotte, North Carolina has stepped up.
All registered riders will take home a commemorative shot glass!
There will also be gifts for first time Bandidos.
The forecast in Parker calls for another set of storms on Saturday. If the rain is heavy, we will scrub the MTB portion.
- 12:00pm: Slightly more serious – but still racin’
- 12:02pm: Slightly less serious – might be racin’
- 12:03pm: Beginners, Fatbikes, MTB
How to register:
Look at your calendar for Sunday. See if you have anything going on. Map the race course from your house. Leave your house so you get here by 11:30 Sunday.
That’s it! You’re registered! No fees, no fuss, no dolla bills y’all.
Everyone is invited to the after party at Al Dente Cooking in Parker. We’ll have a giant pot of chili, appetizers, and a keg of Hall Brewing Saison. Al Dente is here: 11211 S Dransfeldt Rd, Parker, CO 80134, just a 3 miles from the race. Starting at 2:30 pm.
Schedule of Events: Sunday, November 24!
- 11:00am: Setup / Warmup
- 11:40am: Preview Lap
- 12:00pm: GO! Duration: 50 minutes
- 1:00pm: Lies, bragging, awards
- 2:30pm: After Party @ Al Dente
Many Bandidos volunteered tonight to get the flyover installed on the course.
PLEASE NO PRE-RIDING.
We know you’re excited and want to see it, so here’s a simulation of what the flyover will look like on race day. Please note tall bikes are prohibited, this is a re-enactment.
Listen up pilgrims! Bandido Cross #1 will be held at the Zombie Cross course, on Sunday, November 24, at High Noon. All you need to know right now is:
- This is a crap-ton of fun
- You can have a blast WITHOUT riding a bike, or even owning one
- One wave (because categories are official sounding)
- Cheating / shortcuts / sabatoge is expected
- FREE – if you actually pay on BikeReg, you a damn fool
- Cyclocross without being hassled by the man
Since this is Bandido Cross #1, you may be wondering where is Bandido Cross #2? Well, amigo, the very next week, Sunday, December 1.
It’s on! The annual Bandido Cyclocross race will be Sunday, December 23rd, 2012. High Noon start. Arrive at 11 to pre-ride.
NEW START LOCATION: Cottonwood Park West, in Parker, Colorado: Driving Directions
Usual Rules Apply:
- No tubulars.
- No skinsuits (unless you REALLY shouldn’t wear a skinsuit EVER)
- No heart rate monitors.
- Call ups based on weight.
- Cheating is encouraged.
- Beer hand ups are mandatory, tequilla hand ups are recommended.
- Bring a snorkel in case you fall in the creek.